Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BUILDS>> MY XS400 BOBBER PT.2

Not much has happened since the first post, however I still wanted to touch on the plans for this thing.  I recently started building the frame my self.  I looked around on the internet for an XS650 weld on kit that I could cut up but I couldnt find any that I liked.  Instead I took some measurements and had a friend bend some chromoly.  The smaller tubes are 7/8" and the back bone is 1.25"  Its all been sleeved and tacked together in these pictures.  I have changed the wheelbase to 59" and the rear axle has moved up to 5.25" over stock.




I did ended up buying a frisco mounted sporty tank from LowBrow and a pair of Shinko enduro tires.  This week I plan on finished the frame and making the axle plates.  After that I can make the seat pan and get the mounts welded on.  Thats about it for now.


Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment