Sunday, May 1, 2011

BUILD>> CHRIS' GOAT PT. 1

Over the next couple months I will be doing a top end build on an 04 GTO.  The owner is doing a custom grind cam, valve train, custom 4" intake, and your basic maintenance items.  Today I wanted to start fabricating the new 4" intake.  I want the intake to be ready to install once the car is back up and running on its new parts.

Here is the car.  A very clean, but yellow, 2004.  Already equipped with a full exhaust system, off road mid pipes, and stainless headers.




I love using vibrant products for all my fabrication. All T6061 aluminum 4".




Here is a picture of what he is using now..  Not that people should not support ebay but, come on!




I started out by getting the silicone elbow trimmed up and fitting just right.  I want the intake to follow the contour of the upper radiator air deflector.




First of the aluminum to be cut.




Here we are with a couple pieces cut and taped together for test fit.








The new air intake system gets air from inside the bumper.  This one will be a little more efficient at drawing fresh cool air.  Must keep those iat numbers low!



Thats it for tonight.  All fitting is done.  Now just need to get it all tig welded, smoothed out, and finished.  The air filter is on order and should be here next week.



Check back soon to see what else is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment